Castro City, a quiet enclave close to downtown
Across the street from Rengstorff park in Moutain View, the six-block enclave that is Castro City has gone from rough in the 80’s to quiet and conveniently located today. What was once made of open fields has been transformed by remodeled homes, and now the neighborhood is a blend of old cottage homes and newly built two-story houses.
Residents also love the cosmopolitan feel of Castro City, and enjoy easy access to Dowtown Mountain View and Los Altos.
Castro City, Mountain View, facts:
Bounded by South Rengstorff Avenue, University Avenue, College Street and Leland Avenue
Childcare and preschools:
- Oak Tree Nursery School, 2100 University Ave.
- Wonder World, 2015 Latham St. (nearby)
- Mountain View Whisman School District -- Monta Loma Elementary School, Graham Middle School - Mountain View-Los Altos Union High School District -- Los Altos High School
Parks: Castro Park, Toft Avenue at Latham Street
- Rengstorff Park and pool, Rengstorff Avenue at Crisanto Avenue
- Mi Pueblo Food Center, 40 S. Rengstorff Ave. at Leland Avenue
- Walgreens, 112 N. Rengstorff Ave. at Central Expressway
- Mountain View, 211 Hope St.
- No. 3, 301 N. Rengstorff Ave.
MEDIAN 2014 HOME PRICE: $700,000 ($650,000-$1,500,000)
HOMES SOLD: 3
MEDIAN 2014 CONDO PRICE: $568,500 ($535,000-$1,110,000)
CONDOS SOLD (nearby): 8