Los Altos Country Club, a residential and private atmosphere
It’s a quiet place with tree-lined streets, and a lot of privacy given by the big lots and relative low housing density.
Located between Los Altos and Los Altos Hills, the Country Club area is home to winding streets weaving around the Los Altos Golf and Country Club it gets its name from. There’s no sidewalks here but residents say the mostly residential, private feel of the neighborhood makes it both pedestrian and kid-friendly.
Along the foothills of the San Antonio Open Space Preserve, 1940’s ranch-style homes, renovations or custom-built houses blend together to give an almost rural feel to the area.
Did you know?
Established in 1923, the Los Gatos Golf and Country club is a private, member-owned, invitation-only club. Houses overlooking the Fairway, especially those with bigger lots, will have a much higher price tag than other ones in the area.
Country Club, Los Altos, facts:
Between Magdalena Avenue, Foothill Expressway, Permanente Creek and Interstate 280
Childcare and preschools (nearby):
- Los Altos Christian Preschool, 625 Magdalena Ave.
- Los Altos United Methodist Children's Center, 655 Magdalena Ave.
Private school: Los Altos Christian School, 625 Magdalena Ave.
- Los Altos School District -- Loyola Elementary School, Blach Intermediate School
- Mtn. View-Los Altos Union High School District -- Mountain View High School
Shopping: Loyola Corners, Miramonte Avenue and Rancho Shopping Center
- Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve, Cristo Rey Drive
- Woodland, 1975 Grant Road
- Loyola Corners, 1525 Miramonte Ave.
- No. 16, 769 Fremont Ave.
Median 2013 home price: $2,050,000 ($1,276,000-$3,175,000)
Homes sold: 28